Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that enables website owners to track and analyze their website traffic and user behavior. It provides valuable insights into the performance of a website and helps businesses make data-driven decisions to improve their online presence.
- Create a Google Analytics Account
- Once the account has been created, go to the home page and select the Web platform to start the data stream creation.
- In the Data stream creation screen, enter the URL intended to be accessed by the end-users, as well as the website name.
- (Optional) Select Enhanced Measurement for additional data capturing options.
- Create Stream
- Click View Tag Instructions > Install manually
- Copy the Google Tag snippet
- Using the copied Google Tag snippet that was copied earlier, add it to your public/index.html file in the header of the CMS.
To confirm you've correctly integrated Google Tag Manager with the CMS, in Google Tag Manager, click the Admin Cog Wheel Icon > DebugView
If correctly configured, you should see the events populate here after receiving site traffic.
Updated 7 months ago