Learn how to create a free redeemable NFT.
With Giveaways, you can create NFTs that collectors can redeem later for free. This guide walks you through entering all your off-chain data for your Giveaway listing. You can go back and edit this information even after minting your NFT.
Giveaway listings aren’t minted until redeemed by a collector.
Step 1: Fill out your NFT Listing Details
- Select Giveaway for your NFT type.
- Enter the Max Quantity to determine how many NFTs you want available for the giveaway. The current limit is 100,000.
- The default setting for Visibility is Public. However, you have to option to select Keep URL Secret/Unlisted to allow only collectors with the unlisted link to redeem the listing
- Optional: Gate Access by Email Address gives you the option to restrict access to the Giveaway by email.
- Complete the date fields. Note that all dates default to midnight of the following day and the time is localized to your timezone based on your browser’s settings.
- Publish Date: The date the NFT is visible in the marketplace
- Sale Start Date: The date the NFT is purchasable in the marketplace
- Sale End Date: The NFT is no longer available to purchase
- Set the Product Status to Active or Inactive to determine if an NFT is visible or not in the marketplace.
- Optional: Include Tags.
- Optional: Select the Unlockable Content checkbox to provide details for content that is only accessible to collectors who own a specific NFT.
- Optional: Add Badges. Note that you have to create badges in the Marketplace > Content settings first before you can upload them to a listing.
Optional: Configure Advanced Settings
- Click Show Advanced Settings.
- From the Sell edition in the dropdown menu, choose numerical order or random order.
- Numerical: The first person to purchase the NFT receives edition #1, and the second person receives edition #2, etc.
- Random: The first person to purchase gets a randomly selected edition from the max quantity minted. For example, if you mint 100,000 NFTs, the first minted token could be #1,000 of the 100,000.
- Select the Enforce purchase limit checkbox to cap the number of tokens of a listing or packs purchasable for any specific wallet address.
- Select the Require Shipping Address checkbox if you’re including a physical object with your NFT. Note that this option is only applicable to Blocto wallets.
About Unlockable Content
You can use the Unlockable Content feature to give access to content to collectors who own a specific NFT. There are various types of Unlockable Content use cases, including but not limited to discount coupons, event links, videos, or even a higher resolution image of the NFT.
Step 2: Save your Listing
Since Giveaways aren’t minted until a collector redeems the listing, click the Save button to create your NFT. You’ll see a pop-up asking if you’re sure you want to create the NFT. Once you’ve confirmed that all of your information is accurate, click Create in the pop-up menu.
Updated 5 months ago