This article provides step-by-step instructions on configuring Apple Developer Console with your Gigantik marketplace. OIDC authentication allows collectors to securely authenticate and access your Gigantik Marketplace using their existing Apple account/credentials.
- An active Apple Developer account
- Access to the Gigantik CMS
- Open your web browser and navigate to the Apple Developer Console website.
- Sign in with your Apple Developer account credentials.
- Once logged in, locate and click on Certificates, Identifiers, and Profiles
- In the Certificates, Identifiers, and Profiles menu, click on Identifiers.
- Click the "+" button and choose to create a new App ID.
- Select App as the type.
- Provide a name and a bundle ID for your App ID.
- Under capabilities, enable Sign In with Apple.
- Save the App ID to create it.
This process may change based on decisions at Apple. Please see the official documentation:
- Return to the Identifiers menu and click the "+" button once again to create a new Service ID.
- Pick a name for the Service ID and enter an identifier. The identifier will be used as your OIDC client ID.
- Save the Service ID.
- Click on the newly created Service ID.
- Enable the Sign In with Apple capability.
- Click Configure next to Sign In with Apple.
- Choose your App ID from the available options.
- For the domains, enter your marketplace domain. For example, enter "example.shops.gigantik.io"
- In the Return URLs section, enter the root of your marketplace URL, including the trailing slash. For example, enter "https://example.shops.gigantik.io/"
- Save the changes to your Service ID.
- Log in to the Gigantik CMS
- Navigate to Marketplace > OpenID Connect
- At the top right of the Open ID Connect screen, click the Add OpenID Connect Provider button
- Provide a name for the OIDC provider (e.g. "Apple").
- In the Discovery Endpoint field, enter "https://appleid.apple.com/.well-known/openid-configuration"
- In the Client ID field, enter the Client ID obtained from Step 2 of Creating a Service ID
- Optionally, you may provide a button image for the OIDC Provider to enhance the user interface.
- Save the configuration settings.
By following the steps outlined in this article, you should now have successfully set up OIDC authentication for your Gigantik Marketplace using Apple as the identity provider. With this setup, collectors can now authenticate securely and access your Gigantik marketplace using their Apple credentials.
For further information about advanced configuration options, refer to the official Apple documentation.
Updated 5 months ago